12 Aug August Partners of the Month: Union County Non-Profits
Spivey Insurance Group likes to recognize one our clients each month and feature them as the Partner of the month. This month, we have decided to recognize several local nonprofits that are located in Union County. This August, we would like to recognize The Arc, The Union County Community Shelter, March Forth with Hope Foundation, Core Studio Compassion Project, The Common Heart, Cindy’s Hope Chest, The Turning Point, and The Union County Christmas Bureau. Below are short descriptions on what each nonprofit stands for and how they help people in our community.
- The Arc of Union County is to empower and support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. This organization will utilize all of its resources to ensure our members, their families, and all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities associated with The Arc of Union County realize a full, productive, and enhanced life.
- The Union County Community Shelter provides food, emergency shelter and instruction to those individuals and families in need within the community. They promote a pathway to self-sufficiency which includes income stabilization and permanent housing.
- The March Forth with Hope Foundation was established by Stuart and Shelby Stout in memory of their daughter, Hope Stout, shortly after she lost her courageous fight with cancer.
- Core Studio Compassion Project is a non-profit offering Pilates and Yoga post-rehab fitness for cancer patients. Our goal is to help patients build strength and flexibility in addition to overall quality of life!
- The Common Heart is a grassroots movement in Union County that started in July 2006 with the simple desire of four friends to bridge the gap between faith and concrete practical demonstrations of God’s love. Many new friends joined in and they just served, loved, and grew.
- Cindy’s Hope Chest is an organization right here in Union County that helps and supports women who have been diagnosed and recovering from breast cancer. Cindy’s Hope Chest has a mission to support women battling breast cancer emotionally and financially. Their goal is to provide ways to educate, support, and encourage women while undergoing treatments.
- The Union County Christmas Bureau is a nonprofit organization that was organized in the 1940’s to help meet the needs of low-income families in the Union County area during the Christmas season.
We love to support our local community through these several non-profits in Union County. Spivey Insurance Group is always here to help when the community is in need and protect what is closest to you. If you have a desire to volunteer, please find more information on their websites.