24 May Honoring Memorial Day As a Community
May 27 is Memorial Day. Honoring those who serve and those who have served in our armed forces shows patriotism and respect for our nation.
Our great community has several events that show how passionate our area is about recognizing our service men and women.
Listed below is a list of events in different parts of the community for you and your family to attend and honor our brave men and women who have and are protecting us.
Lakeland Memorial Park
– The memorial park will host a Memorial Day Observance on May 27 at 9 a.m. The even will feature guest speakers. Those interested are welcome to bring lawn chairs. For more information, call 704-289-3166.
– Monroe Veterans of Foreign War Post 5464 – May 27 the post will host a Memorial Day ceremony beginning at 1 p.m. The public is welcome to attend and food will be offered at the post, which will include hamburgers and hotdogs beginning at noon. The Memorial Day ceremony will feature a brick laying ceremony and a few words from Sheriff Eddie Cathey, a guest speaker at the event. Also on May 27, Monroe’s VFW post and representatives from other veterans services and organizations will be at Tractor Supply on Roosevelt Boulevard in Monroe where they will be handing out buddy poppies and offering information about local veterans services and organizations. There will also be a table where anyone interested can write notes to members of the armed services. For more information, call 704-283-4842.
– Indian Trail VFW Post 2423 – On Memorial Day the post will host a ceremony that will be held in its Memorial Park. The event will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will include a guest speaker. For more information call 704-821-9753
– The town of Waxhaw in collaboration with the American Legion Post 208 and Cutherberson High school Civil Air Patrol, will host a special Memorial Day ceremony on May 27 beginning at 12 p.m. at the Military Wall of Honor in the downtown area. The event will be an educational ceremony about the military and will feature special guests including Lloyd Pennington, A Navy veteran who host’s the Internet show, Freedom’s Voices. For more information, call 704-843-2195.
Sun Valley/Holly Park
– Mays Concepts along with the residents of the Cadberry Court section of Holly Park in the Sun Valley are of Indian Trail, will host a black party from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. on Memorial Day. The event will be held on Cadberry Court between Harvest Red and Council Fire Circle. The event will feature food, games/awards, a raffle and fireworks. Mayor Michael Alvarez of Indian Trail and John Quinn, the town’s former mayor are planned to be honored guests at the event. Contact Mays concepts at 704-641-5379 for more information.
Support our service men and women and celebrate our nations accomplishments! It’s great to be citizens of the United States of America and to be members of such a fantastic community!
704-821-4460 or 877-318-5951
SPIVEY INSURANCE GROUP!